Monday, March 7, 2011

The Death Penalty : For or Against?

There are many arguments for and against the death penalty.
For
- Justice (prevents vigilance)
- Deterrent
- safety
- Cheaper
- Prisoner cannot escape

Against
- Universal DHR
- Innocent
- Does not necessarily stop crime
- Encourages violent crime

I personally vote to retain the death penalty but get rid of the mandatory death sentence. Although I vote to keep the death penalty, I think that it should not be the first choice of punishment but rather the last resort.

3 comments:

  1. These points are fine but there is not a lot of explanations to back up your point but overall it is fine. It would be nice if there are more examples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll add more of an explanation to my views :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your points and like Zahir said, if well explained, this will be even better! Great job!

    ReplyDelete