Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Reflection on Visiting the Palace of Justice

Palace of Justice
The visit to the Palace of Justice was very interesting. I learnt a lot about the Judicial System of Malaysia. Before I did not know much about the law and the court systems or how it works, now I understand it better and know a lot more. During the question and answer session in the conference room, I found out many things about the death sentence in Malaysia. Apparently about 12 people get hanged a month! I never knew the scale of how many people were being sentenced to death in Malaysia. That was quite shocking but good to know.
It was also great experience to be able to witness a court in session. I got to see what happens in a court and learn about the seating arrangements and etiquette in the court room. It was very weird and a bit scary to see the cells where the criminals are detained. The cells are located at the back of the court room, the criminals would be there then brought to the court by the prison guards when they are called or needed.
I think everyone was very honored that we were the first school to visit and be allowed in to the courts. It was a good experience that I will remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment